Never Fail Quiche
Ingredients1 pie crust Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend Rolled Piecrust (see recipe under Dessert)
1 cup shredded Italian-style cheese (4 oz)
1 cup cooked turkey or pork sausage (may use chopped ham or crumbled bacon too)
4 medium green onions, sliced (4 oz)
1 ½ cups half-and-half (may use ¾ cup milk, any kind and ¾ cup half-and-half)
1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray 9" pie plate with non-stick spray. Follow Pie Crust or Perfect Flour Rolled Piecrust recipes for crust.
- Sprinkle cheese, sausage and onions over crust. Beat half-and-half and eggs with wire whisk until blended; stir in tarragon. Pour into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can substitute sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, caramelized onions or blanched spinach (with all water pressed out) in place of green onions.
- Vegetarian version: Omit meat and add up to 1 cup total of veggie options listed above.