Recipe compliments of Laura K. Thanks Laura! Great recipe for when you want pancakes or crepes, but only have our No Sugar Added Muffin mix on hand.
Ingredients2 Tbsp No Sugar Added Muffin Mix
1 egg with yolk or 1 egg white
1 tsp butter, margarine (melted) or oil
1 tsp warm water
1/4 cup sliced fruit (apples, pears, peaches, strawberries), optional
- Mix all ingredients except fruit in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare thin-sliced, peeled fruit and set aside.
- Preheat skillet set to medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or oil. When oil is bubbling pour in batter.
- Cook until top of batter has tiny holes in it. Place half of fruit mixture into pancake. Cook for 30 seconds more, then flip pancake over.
- Cook until edges begin to brown.
- For sweetening, dust with confectioner's sugar, agave, maple syrup, or other sweetener. Dust top with cinnamon or nutmeg to taste
- For a sweet dessert, make a thinner crepe, top with rice whipped cream, cashew butter, Nutella, or other topping of choice. Roll up the crepe and garnish with cinnamon.
- For thinner crepes / pancakes, add more water or butter-substitute. Use unsweetened all-natural fruit preserves as alternative to fresh fruit topping.
- Total calories with 1/4 cup of fruit, and lower calorie butter/oil substitute, including egg, Namaste mix = approx. 80 calories per pancake / crepe. (If you add sweetener such as maple syrup, confectioner's sugar, etc. then add in the calories from this)
- If you want to have just one crepe/ pancake for breakfast, the batter can be chilled overnight. Add a little bit of water and mix with a fork before using the next day, as ingredients may have settled overnight.