Ingredients1 package Namaste Foods No Sugar Added Muffins Mix
2/3 cup oil
1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
7 tbsp. ice water
- For pies using a pre-cooked crust: Heat oven to 400° F.
- Combine Muffin mix and sugar, if using. Drizzle oil over dry mix a little at a time and blend with a fork after each addition (2 or 3 rounds should do it.) The crust mix will have lots of coarse chunks in it at this point. Add ice water the same way, blending after each addition. Scoop out about half the mix and press with your fingers into the bottom and sides of pie pan.
- Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes until crust turns a light golden brown. Let cool completely before adding filling.
- Recipe info: This recipe makes about 2 pie crusts depending on the size of the pie pan you’re using.
- Pies without a pre-cooked crust: Follow Steps 1 and 2 in directions. Prepare pie as directed in your recipe. Baking time may vary slightly.