Ingredients1 pie crust using Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend Rolled Pie Crust recipe
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 cup roasted eggplant*
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese-fresh is always best
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. minced garlic
3 tbsp. olive oil
dash salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in olive oil over medium heat until they start to turn brown. Add mushrooms and cook until all vegetables are a rich brown color. Add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Spray a piece of foil the size of your baking sheet with non-stick spray. Any thin cookie sheet or baking sheet will do.) Roll pie crust between the foil and a piece of plastic wrap placed on top to 1/8” thick. Remove plastic wrap and transfer foil and pie crust to your baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on crust rather liberally. Now assemble: This is where you can have fun and experiment by using your favorite combinations. Roasted peppers or zucchini, artichokes, olives, fresh herbs of any kind are fantastic. And any kind of cheese will work, too. Be creative!
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, then caramelized onions and mushrooms, then eggplant, garlic and mozzarella on the crust. Drizzle a little olive oil on top and a couple of turns of fresh ground pepper.
- Bake at 375°F on lower oven rack for 10-14 minutes until crust is a beautiful golden brown and cheese has melted. Serves 4-6.
- Recipe Suggestion: *To roast eggplant (or most any vegetable) slice peeled eggplant about ½” thick. Brush both sides liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt. Place in 450°F oven for about 15 minutes, turning over halfway through.