Ingredients2 1/2 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
5 eggs, separated
5 tbsp. butter, room temperature
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional), pecans, walnuts, almonds, or macadamias will do nicely
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 13x9 pan or two round baking pans with cooking spray.
- Cream butter, coconut oil, and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Start and end with the dry ingredients. Blend in the coconut and nuts.
- Beat egg whites just until peaks form. Fold gently into cake batter. Bake for approximately 40 minutes for a 9x13 pan or about 25 minutes for cake rounds. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Frost with a light cream cheese frosting or simply top with whipped cream and fresh slices of mango or banana. Sprinkle with coconut and chopped nuts if desired.