Ingredients:3 large peaches
For the crust
1/2 cup vegan buttery spread
1/3 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
For the filling
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup vanilla coconut milk
2 Tablespoons Namaste Foods Sorghum Flour
1 cup Namaste Foods Brown Rice Flour
1 Namaste Foods Egg Replacer egg, follow directions on package
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- To make removing the peach peel easier: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Carefully lower the peaches into the boiling water, remove after 2-3 minutes. Set on a plate to cool while you prepare the crust.
- In a large bowl combine the vegan buttery spread and sugar using an electric mixer. Add in the almond extract.
- Sift together the cinnamon, almond flour, sorghum flour and xanthan gum. Beat into the butter mixture.
- Press the crust into a tart pan or springform pan. Bake at 400° F for 12-14 minutes or until it is just beginning to brown. Remove from oven.
- Peel and slice the cooled peaches and arrange on top of the crust.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, coconut milk, sorghum flour and egg replacer. Pour over peaches.
- Top with sliced almonds and a few teaspoons of sugar. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool completely before serving.