Ingredients2 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
3 tablespoons water
16 fresh mint leaves, chopped
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
2/3 cup fresh lime juice, from approximately 6 limes
2-3 drops green food color, if desired
2 tablespoons milk, any kind
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine rum extract, water and chopped mint. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, mix butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Mix in 1 3/4 cups of the Perfect Flour Blend on low, until well combined. Press into pan. Bake 22-25 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- While crust is baking, mix eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk. Add remaining 1/4 cup Perfect Flour Blend and salt, and mix well until blended. Mix in lime peel, lime juice, food color and milk.
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl, and pour rum extract mixture into strainer. Press mixture with the back of a spoon to drain liquid from mint leaves; discard leaves. Mix strained liquid into egg mixture with whisk until well combined. Pour over partially baked crust, and bake 25-27 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store bars, covered, in the refrigerator.