Ingredients1-2/3 cups gluten free semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup butter, margarine or shortening
2 cups Namaste Foods Waffle & Pancake Mix
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk, any kind
1 tsp. vanilla
If desired powdered sugar
- Heat waffle iron to medium high ( spray with cooking spray before heating if necessary ). Heat 2/3 cup chocolate chips and butter, margarine or shortening in 1 1/2 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Stir in remaining ingredients except 1 cup chocolate chips and powdered sugar.
- Drop 1 tablespoon batter onto each section of waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. Bake 3-5 minutes or until steaming stops. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray between batches as needed.
- Remove from waffle iron to wire rack. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1 teaspoon chocolate chips and powdered sugar. Serve warm.
- Try using peanut butter, butterscotch or white chocolate chips instead of semisweet chips.
- Or put a scoop of ice cream between two cookies for a fun ice cream sandwich!