Makes 12 servings
Ingredients1 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
3/4 cup almond or cashew milk
2 large eggs
1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup maple syrup
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups fresh corn kernels, (2 ears)
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Pour 2 tablespoons avocado oil into a 10" heatproof skillet and place in the oven. Heat until the oven is very hot.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir the dry ingredients until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk the almond milk, syrup and eggs with the remaining avocado oil.
- Add the almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Fold in the corn and jalapenos to distribute evenly throughout the batter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F. Remove the skillet from the oven and pour off any excess oil. Place the skillet on a rack.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet and return it to the oven.
- Bake the cornbread 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Cool the cornbread on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert cornbread onto a large plate and cut it into wedges.