Ingredients2 1/4 cups Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup milk, any kind, slightly warmed
1 tbsp. yeast
1 large egg
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
- Dissolve the yeast in a large mixing bowl with warmed milk. Let bubble for a few minutes. Add sugar, butter, oil, egg and vanilla to milk/yeast mixture. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt to mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. If the dough appears too sticky/wet, add more flour as necessary.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and place in a greased container. Rest for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll dough to 1/4" thick; approximately a 13x13 square between 2 pieces of well floured parchment paper. Remove top sheet of paper from rolled dough and spread softened butter on top of the dough.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough surface. Leave a 1" strip of dough uncovered at the bottom of the dough.
- Starting at the top of the dough use the parchment paper to help you roll the dough into a log. You may experience a bit of cracking, keep rolling and pressing dough together.
- Carefully cut into 8 equal pieces. Place rolls in a greased baking dish, leaving room to allow for expansion.
- Bake in oven for 18-22 minutes.