Ingredients1 package Namaste Foods Bread and Roll Mix
¼ cup oil
3 egg whites
1 cup warm water
¼ cup sugar
1½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 package yeast (comes with Bread mix)
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water, set aside for five minutes. In large bowl, combine the egg whites, egg and oil. Add yeast and water mixture and stir. Add sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Add bread mix and beat with electric mixer for about 3 minutes on medium speed. Transfer batter into lightly sprayed or greased loaf pan. Cover loosely and let rise for at least 30 minutes in a warm place. Preheat oven to 350° F .
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (do not under bake). Loosely cover with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over-browning. Test the bread by tapping the bottom with your fingertip. If it sounds hollow, it‘s done. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto cooling rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Bread Machine directions: In breadmaker, slightly blend together the egg, egg whites, oil, water, sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. Add Bread mix.
- Make indentation in bread flour and add dry yeast. Put on basic setting (1-1 ½ lbs), medium crust. Will be done in about an hour.
- Customer suggestion for yeast when baking in oven: add 1 teaspoon sugar to yeast and water mixture. The sugar helps to activate the yeast.