Ingredients1 package Namaste Foods Brownie Mix
½ cup oil
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. xanthan gum
¼ cup water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup raisins or craisins
3/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray or grease cookie sheets.
- Combine Brownie mix, xanthan gum and baking soda in mixing bowl. Separately combine eggs, oil and water and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry and blend thoroughly. Stir in in raisins or craisins, chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tops of cookies start to crack.
- Recipe info: These cookies were inspired by one of our favorite not-so-easy-to-find candy bars from the past.
- It's called Chunky and it came as a thick two-inch square of luscious chocolate filled with chunks of raisins and nuts.