Shared by our friend, Sara, see her health journey blog at: http://mshealthesteem.com/ or see this recipe on her blog at: http://mshealthesteem.com/flatbread-recipe/Makes 1 Flatbread
Ingredients1 cup Namaste Organic Garbanzo Bean Flour
1 cup water
1 tbsp. coconut oil, plus more to grease the pan
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. dill
2 pinches Himalayan Pink Salt
* Herb Infused Olive Oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/2 tsp. oregano
1-1/2 tsp. rosemary
1 pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- If your coconut oil is solid (very common in colder months), quickly melt it quickly melt it in a saucepan before adding to the mixture so it blends well.
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before cooking. This allows the flour to fully absorb the water and thicken.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and generously grease it with coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted, pour the chickpea flatbread mixture into the frying pan.
- Cook into the edges start to brown. This takes approximately 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the edges have started to brown, flip the flatbread to allow the other side to cook. Depending on the size of your bread, you may need two spatulas.
- Allow the other side to cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, until it has browned.
- Remove from the heat, cut into equal slices and enjoy!