Ingredients1 ½ cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. water
- Combine cheese and butter with pastry cutter or pulse in food processor until well blended.
- Add flour, salt and cayenne; cut or pulse several times until well mixed. Add water and mix until mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Turn dough out onto clean surface and knead until smooth. Form into a ball, divide in half and shape each half into an 8” long log. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 375°. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Slice dough logs into ¼” thick discs and place on prepared cookie sheets. Prick top of crackers with toothpick a few times. Bake 12-14 minutes or until just golden on edge.
- Other great additions in place of or in addition to cayenne pepper are garlic or onion powder, paprika, or just about any herb chopped fine.