Ingredients2 cups Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
*2/3 cup buttermilk (or water if using Buttermilk Blend)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. sugar
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
6 tbsp. unsalted butter or 1/3 cup shortening
* 4 tbsp Saco Buttermilk Blend
* 2/3 cup water (only if using Buttermilk Blend)
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Mix dry ingredients together. Cut in butter or shortening until mixture resembles cornmeal. If using buttermilk add until dough is pliable. *If using Saco buttermilk blend instead of buttermilk add 2/3 cup water. Do not add water if using buttermilk. If using dry buttermilk powder follow manufacturer's directions. Do not overbeat. Knead dough lightly on floured surface about 30 seconds.
- Press or roll out dough and form into 6 large biscuits. Place close together on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.