Ingredients4 cups frozen blackberries
2 tbsp. arrowroot starch, cornstarch or other thickener
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 cups Namaste Foods Cookie Mix
1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray 1½ quart casserole with non-stick spray.
- Combine blackberries (no need to thaw) with arrowroot, sugar and lemon juice. Place in bottom of casserole pan, set aside.
- For streusel topping combine dry cookie mix, butter or margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until comes together but is still crumbly. Sprinkle streusel over blackberries evenly.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until top is brown and fruit is bubbling. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion: Can be served warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.