For the dough:
1 cup Namaste Sorghum Flour + more for rolling
1/2 cup Namaste Foods Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup Namaste Tapioca Flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg yolk
1 whole egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water for egg wash
1/4 cup turbinado sugar for sprinkling
For the filling
1-1/2 cups apricot jam
3 cups whole walnuts
1 cup raisins
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
- Sift together the flours and xanthan gum.
- Using your hands, rub together the flours and butter until it resembles crumbly sand.
- Whisk together the sour cream and egg yolk. Using a fork, thoroughly mix into the flour / butter mixture.
- Divide into three parts. Shape into a disc and wrap each disc into plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out each disc on a piece of parchment paper, using sorghum flour to prevent it from sticking. It should measure approximately 7" x 12".
- Spread 1/3 cup of the apricot jam onto each piece of dough, being careful not to tear it. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/3 cup of raisins and 1 cup of whole walnuts followed by about 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Using the parchment paper to help you, carefully roll up each pastry into a log, making sure the seams end up on the bottom. Transfer the log (on top of the parchment) to a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle tops with a little turbinado sugar.
- Bake on top shelf of oven at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on baking sheet before slicing.