IngredientsApprox 2-1/2 cups Namaste Foods Spice Cake Mix
¼ cup oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup fresh apple, grated or chopped (skin left on is okay)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine eggs, oil and applesauce. Add mix and blend well. Fold in chopped apple.
- Fill pan and bake for 21-24 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Healthy Hint: Using two egg whites in place of one whole egg can also lower the fat content in baked goods. Calories drop from 80 (one egg) to 32 (2 egg whites). Cholesterol is lowered from about 215 milligrams to less than one milligram.
- Layer Cake Variation: This recipe can be doubled and baked in two 9” layers, too. Be sure to spray the pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.