Makes 6 doughnuts
Ingredients1/2 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
1 cup sifted oat flour (homemade or store-bought)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup grated apple
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup freeze dried apples or 1/2 oz bag
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift the oat flour, Perfect Flour Blend, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, cinnamon into a bowl.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a separate bowl: apple sauce, grated apple, maple syrup, and egg. Mix together very well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together to create a dough.
- Prepare the doughnut pan with a light spray of non-stick oil.
- Spoon in the dough into each doughnut well. You can smooth the top of the dough with wet hands.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or test with toothpick (make sure the toothpick comes out clean.)
- Cool on a rack.
- Pulverize freeze dried apples in food processor or blender until they become a fine powder.
- Take the dried apple powder and use it to dust the top of the doughnuts.