Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
Ingredients1 package Namaste Foods Vanilla Cake Mix
¾ cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips
½ tsp. gluten-free pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine pumpkin, chocolate chips, pumpkin pie spice, eggs and water and mix well. Add Vanilla Cake mix and mix well.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Recipe variation: You can substitute pear butter or applesauce for the pumpkin if you like. Added bonus: There is no oil in this cake making it virtually fat free!
- Layer Cake Variation: This cake can be baked in two 9” layers, too. Be sure to spray the pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.