Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Ingredients1 cup Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend
½ cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
6 tbsp. butter, softened
1-3 tsp. lemon zest, to taste
1-3 tbsp. lemon juice, to taste
8 oz. package cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp. milk, any kind
½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray 9x9 baking pan.
- In medium bowl combine flour, walnuts (if using), brown sugar and butter. Cut with pastry cutter until crumbly. Reserve ½ of crumb mixture. Pat the rest into pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Beat lemon zest, lemon juice, cream cheese, sugar, milk, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- When crust has done initial baking, remove from oven and pour cream cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs and bake 25 minutes. Refrigerate until well chilled. The bars are easier to remove from the pan if you let the pan sit out a few minutes.
- You can substitute orange zest and juice to make orange bars.