Maple Walnut Cake
Ingredients½ pkg. (2 1/3 cups) Namaste Foods Pure Vanilla Cake Mix
¼ cup soft butter
½ cup walnuts, chopped fine
½ cup water
3/4 tsp. maple extract
½ tsp. cream of tartar
3 eggs, separated
1 container prepared gluten free vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line bottom of one 8 in. round cake pan with wax or parchment paper. Grease wax paper and sides of pan.
- In a large bowl mix first 5 ingredients and egg yolks. Blend on medium speed until smooth.
- In a glass bowl beat egg whites with cream of tartar until it forms stiff peaks. Fold into cake mixture.
- Pour cake mixture into pan for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Turn onto serving plate. Spread vanilla frosting over top of warm cake and top with more chopped nuts if desired.
- Serving suggestion: For a 2 layer cake double the recipe. Frosting variation: Can add nuts and/or coconut to frosting before spreading.